Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Baby Brother's Baby....

I don't know when it happened... but I blinked and suddenly my daughter is 6, I've somehow become 31, and my baby brother...the one Dori and I were torturing just yesterday (or so it seems)... is taking home his own baby boy.

Caden John was born this past Wednesday to my little brother Michael and his wife Shawn. Caden chose their wedding anniversary to make his arrival, and I'll be darned if he isn't the cutest little thing I've seen in a long time! This afternoon Mommy, Baby and Daddy were well enough to all go home, and I couldn't be happier for them!

Try and tell me that this little guy doesn't tug on your heartstrings?!



My brother, affectionately called Ratboy by myself, is 4 years younger than I and has taken more than this fair share of grief from his older sisters. He has been dressed up, picked on, embarrassed by, and blamed on for more things than he could have possibly done!

What I'm not sure he knows though is that he is also loved like crazy and terribly missed by this sister here... I am proud of his success in his profession, his growing up to become a decent man, a decent husband, and having the courage to enter into the world of becoming what I believe will be a great dad. 

So tonight is the first night at home with both his wife and his baby boy (who will from here on out probably be called Ratboy Jr. lol) - I hope Caden won't give him too much grief tonight.



Congratulations Shawn and Mike- I'm so proud of you, and the family you have started!






No comments:

Post a Comment