Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Never Ending Discussion.....

Times are tough all over, for all kinds of people, and we are included in that group for sure. Finding a job proves harder and harder each time I try to go out and get one, and even the ones I'm pretty sure I've got, I don't get. I know that 'this too shall pass' and that we'll get through this slump one way or another, like we always do... how is another story, but we usually figure that out somewhere along the journey of life. Whatever is meant to be will be... that's what I think.

That being said, the conversation that always comes up when times get hard has been brought back to life... Why don't we just move and find our place somewhere else? It's a conversation that we've had time and time again, and in the last 10 years, it's one that I've consented to 8 times... packing up all our stuff, loading it into a truck, finding a new residence and starting over. And now, it's back up for discussion, and I'm just... tired. 

I have friends and family here in Toledo, people that I can rely on and love deeply and love being close to. No, I don't have a great job and I'm not making any money at the moment, but that will change (it always does). Moving is not something simple that you just do because you want to... because you have the itch to pick up and go... and it's not something you jump into when you have a daughter that's old enough to know the stresses of moving... who just happens to live in a place that has a VERY good school district, as I've learned from experience. 

Do I want to live here forever? Probably not... I'm sure there will come a time when it's time to move on and explore the rest of the world... but I'm just not sure the time is now. Honestly, we've spent so much money moving in the that 10 years... that it's been 15 years since I've had a real vacation! Every time we move I know it's going to be a big ordeal, lots of hard work, lots of stress, a lot of unknowns, and another 2 or 3 years (for sure) of no vacations- and that's assuming we land on our feet whenever we reach the desired location, which doesn't always work out that way. 

I am 31 years old, I have moved 8 times in the last 10 years, it's been almost half a lifetime since I've had a real vacation... and the answer for the moment is: I'm just too damned tired.

And so continues the saga of the never-ending conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment