Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hug your children...

Today my best friend has to tell her daughter that her friend, only 6 years old, was stuck by a car and killed last night. It reminded me of a time when I had to do the same thing to my best friend many years ago, when one of our friends was killed walking down the street and I had to tell her when she came home from vacation. We were in the 5th grade, and it was hard then... I can't imagine how hard it will be to hear when she's just finished kindergarten.

In Alabama, my cousin Hadlei Grace is 2 weeks old today, and is very sick. She had a surgery 2 days ago that has left her unstable ever since. She was born with a number of medical issues, all of which are very serious, and she and her family are doing everything they can to stay strong and get through this.

On the bright side I have a whole network of family and friends, some of which I've never met, but know through other friends, who have helped my family send up prayers asking for help, strength, love and miracles. They text message me to see how my cousin is doing, and they genuinely care - and that makes me one lucky person.

I've spent a lot of time this week talking to God, and I know that he's listening to every word that I say. He might not grant all of my prayers, because it's not always supposed to be that way... but he listens nonetheless.

One message is VERY clear to me today though... HUG your children, tell them you love them every day and make sure they KNOW it's true... because you never know what will happen tomorrow, but no matter what, they'll know that they are loved.

1 comment:

  1. God answers EVERY prayer. Sometimes the answer is "no".

    ReplyDelete