Friday, June 25, 2010

Dad's a Nurse, Mom's doing triage

I did not sleep well last night (again!).... the monkey wasn't "feeling right" as she put it. It took about 3 hours of 20 questions just to try to figure out what was going on, and by then it was near 2am. It's like some kind of Mommy Tradition, every time a new illness or problem comes to light with the kiddo, it's always me, the mommy on shift for triage and treatment. What's the matter? "I don't know". Where does it hurt? "somewhere around here" (as she moves her fingers all over her stomach and around her back). What does it feel like? "It hurts, momma... I told you that!". Don't get me wrong, I love my kiddo and would give up all sleep just to make her feel better... I just wonder how it always happens when I'm home and my husband, the nurse, is away at work?? Just my luck I guess.

Yesterday was just a long day in general, and I'm feeling really tired lately. I'm looking forward to tonight, where hopefully the kiddo and I will just fall onto the bed, sink into the memory foam mattress, and sleep like our lives depended on it. Yeah, I know... not likely, but a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment