Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Going to work, and working through things...

First of all, for those who don't know, I've gotten a job! It's a job as a pharmacy technician, which is so far out of left-field it even surprises me! Pharmacy work is not something I have experience in, or really considered in my long history of random jobs, but it's actually really fun and enjoyable for me thus far, although I'm still in the 'testing the water' phase with my coworkers. I can't really tell if they like me or not, but I have no issues with them, and that's a great start.

I did find it rather odd, and a bit predictable, that just 2 weeks into the job, my husband is already talking about me going back to school and getting a Pharmacology degree, because we both know that Pharmacists can make a lot of money. I'm not quite there yet, and I'll admit that it irked me just a bit when he decided to pull that one out of mid-air last night. He swears there is "no pressure", just an idea... but just one year of my life I'd like to just... BE... without having to consider life-altering decisions. If I have part-time work, he'd rather I have full-time. If I have full-time work, he'd rather I have a better job. If I get a Bachelor's degree, he wants me to consider my Masters. Can't a girl just work and earn a wage and be happy to be supplying some sort of support the family again!?

Another thing that's on my mind this week is my stepfather, John. For some reason, he's been in my head a lot and I'm missing him more than ever right about now. Last night I dreampt he was here at the house, knocking on the door, but before I could answer it, I woke up. I'm not entirely sure what brought this about, what triggered the feeling of loss I'm having this week, but.. it's pretty difficult to deal with. I'm guessing it's part of being deprived of my mom, who went away for the school year to help my little brother with his new baby. It's funny how weird it seems to have her so far away... and even though we can Skype any night of the week, it's still hard having her there instead of down the road. Having her here in town provided a big sense of comfort for me.

Time to go off line for a bit, I'm expecting a call from the monkey's teacher so I can figure out what her overall plan is for my kiddo's education!

1 comment: