Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thinking of the Soldiers....

This morning I watched the movie "We Were Soldiers" - a fantastic movie I came across while trying to find something to watch on television. 

It really is a great movie, but not necessarily something that sits well with you when you have a number of good friends, Soldiers (AND their families!) facing deployment in the near future.  In fact, it's heartbreaking, and it made me cry...a lot.

So today all I ask is that you, the reader, put your political thoughts and personal feelings aside and remember to support the Soldiers fighting in our wars. Remember that whether they agree with it or not, they still go out and fight for our country, risking their lives and exhibiting great bravery. I ask that you say a prayer to keep them safe, and a prayer for strength for the families left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment