Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life Lessons from a 6 Year Old....

As I sit here this afternoon, looking at the gray sky and rain outside my window... I realize that some of the things in my life are out of control... and it's time to take the power back. I don't like it when I'm not sure what's going to happen today, I don't like the feeling of worrying about every little thing, and I especially hate it when things that bother me throughout the day decide to follow me to dreamland, making me wake up in a panic: not a good way to start the day.

So this afternoon I'm going to sit down and start making lists... things that will have to change, things we will have to do, things that are going to get us back straight, let me sleep through the night, and let me realize that sometimes life can be fun, instead of full of worries and concerns all the time. 

I want to have a carefree day like my daughter... who gave me an lesson in life today that struck me in just the right way. As she flipped through the channels and Dora came on the tv singing "River...Forest... Blueberry Hill" and Jocelyn announced "you're already on Blueberry hill, so you can SHUT UP now" and changed the channel. If you don't like it, turn it off, change it, and find something you like... who knew just how much a 6 year old can teach you?

Did you ever feel like you're just REALLY off-kilter and unable to stand up straight???


Well, I do, and it's time to make some changes... and away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment